Tagged by redsquared
Instructions: Each player starts with 7 random habits/facts about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose 7 people to get tagged & list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged.
1. My most exciting work moment was spent in a faux doorway while the windows were breaking out, light fixtures were dropping from the ceiling in the hallway, and the double-high, double-wide filing cabinet fell over barely missing a co-worker. It was October 17, 1989 at 5:04 pm and I was in San Francisco’s China Basin Building, a six-floor, unreinforced masonry building built on landfill.
A secretary was in the doorway with me screaming, “We’re going to die! We’re going to die!” I thought she might be right, but I didn’t think she needed to provide contemporaneous narration.
2. My second most exciting work moment occurred while I was a police dispatcher in Long Beach, California. I was working the frequency for the south part of the city and an officer came on the radio while being shot at with his own gun. He was running up an alley dodging bullets while his partner was on the ground being stabbed by another bad guy.
Our second hottest call of the evening occurred 30 minutes later when five people were discovered shot dead in a living room.
3. For years I knew that after getting into a relationship we would acquire a red miniature long-haired dachshund who would be named “Syntax”. I wanted to be able to say “Bad, Syntax” or “Syntax, Error!”
She’s on the right “sharing” a ball with Audit.
Syntax is now 15 and is just like I envisioned (although she’s rarely bad).
redozdachs was supposed to be taller and darker, however.
4. I am named after my great-grandfather. He was named after a character in a fiction book that his mother was reading in the 1800’s.
5. I am fortunate to have only received my great-grandfather’s first name. His two middle names were “Erastus Haskins”.
6. I have a lifetime appointment. Unfortunately, it’s not to the Supreme Court. It’s as a trustee of the William and Alice Hinckley Fund, a small ($2.5 million) fund that distributes about $120k/year to charity. Of course, my unpaid sinecure has got to be better than one that has Clarence Thomas as a coworker.
7. I am a man of a certain age from Massachusetts. We don’t share juicy personal details in public forums. We also will kiss everyone in the bar including passing drag queens and random bike dykes EXCEPT we will never kiss our closest personal friends, especially if they are also from Massachusetts.
Tagging the following people (mostly because their answers would be fun to read, I didn’t see them tagged already, and I’m pretty sure they won’t mind or won’t read this tagging!)
blurkerbear castrowoof lggriffiths raperez td_walsh pearlymist redozdachs