You’d think that Barry Bonds’ ingestion of steroids matters in our daily lives.
The media Bonds vortex is sucking oxygen and intelligence out of the airwaves up and down the dial.
KGO’s anchors last night found an expert to interview who was hyped and ready to compare the damage to Bond’s reputation to the damage caused to OJ Simpson by OJ’s trials.
- OJ was found responsible for 2 murders.
- Barry is charged with lying under oath and obstructing justice.
- President Clinton was impeached for the same issues. The Senate decided that Clinton’s behavior did not disqualify him to be President.
- Lying under oath is wrong. However lying when under stress is not in the same league of evil as murder.
- Murders’ reputations are not in the same pit as someone who lies.
Or, maybe it’s just that my values are wrong.
On Radio Ozdachs we’d be less hyper in our reporting. Mixing up life and death with this piece of journalistic titillation is just inexcusable!
Radio Ozdachs would treat the Bonds indictment as a curiosity and not as an important issue in the ultimate scheme of life.
Our top stories today would be Darfur, the Iraq Moratorium, or the attempt to stop funding for the war.
There you go again, trying to make sense of someone else’s reality!
Danny thinks we’re going to be sucked into the OJ vortex again soon. The TV will remain off during all newscasts at that point. It’s close to that now.
I’m pissed off that so much taxpayer time and money is being wasted on BB’s grand juries, indictments, and lawsuits.
I’d much rather see that money go to other causes, such as building infrastructure, fighting poverty, or strengthening public education.
Barry who? I kid you not, I had to ask my admin assistant who he was this morning. Lets see, the papers I read don’t have sports, I don’t listen to the radio and television is the last thing I think about. When I found out what he did I was bewildered, it amounts to something slightly more heavy than a speeding ticket, what’s the big deal?